Photography of Duluth and the Western Lake Superior Region

May 22 - Grand Island East Channel Lighthouse

Grand Island East Channel Lighthouse

May 22 - Grand Island East Channel Lighthouse The small wooden frame lighthouse on the southeast shore of Grand Island was constructed during the period 1869-1870 for the the purpose of guiding vessels into Munising Harbor from the east. The land was one of a number of parcels reserved in 1847 for government use.

Image Search

Powered by SmugMug Owner Log In